Epiroc and its affiliated companies care about your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with fair information practices and applicable data privacy laws.
Our Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use and protect individuals’ personal information in the different locations where we operate. This notice also provides information about how we manage privacy on our websites, what international transfers may occur, how you can exercise your privacy rights and how you can contact the Epiroc Privacy Officer.
Please note that this privacy statement will regularly be updated to reflect any changes in the way we handle your personal data or any changes in applicable laws.
Read more about how we work with your privacy:
The Epiroc Group consists of a number of legal entities, each responsible for its own business and products. In no event shall a legal entity within the Epiroc Group be responsible or liable for the acts or omissions of another legal entity. By retrieving information through this website, or otherwise using the site, you accept that the responsibility and liability for a product, offer, or marketing information is limited only to the legal entity directly involved.
The information on the website may be changed at any time in our sole discretion without prior notification and without incurring any obligation or liability for us. The content of this website is provided as a convenience to visitors and constitutes non-binding information only. You are not authorized to set any links to the website without our prior written consent.
We are entitled to immediately at any time suspend, restrict or limit your access to our website should we deem it appropriate (e.g. due to security reasons, your suspected breach of these terms or if required for updates, amendments or corrections).
We will use reasonable efforts to include accurate information on our website. HOWEVER, WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE ACCURACY, USE, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, AVAILABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE INFORMATION GIVEN. ALL INFORMATION IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. IN NO EVENT WILL WE ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY TO ANY PARTY FOR DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER FOR ANY USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE OR ITS CONTENTS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE. IT IS UP TO YOU TO TAKE ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS AND TO ENSURE THAT WHATEVER YOU SELECT FOR YOUR USE IS FREE OF SUCH ITEMS AS VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES AND OTHER ITEMS OF DESTRUCTIVE NATURE. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WHATSOEVER ABOUT ANY OTHER WEBSITE BELONGING TO A THIRD PARTY WHICH YOU MAY ACCESS THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.
Copyright, Trademarks, and other Intellectual Property Rights
Username and passwords
Links to third party websites
You acknowledge and agree that you will use the website in accordance with its intended purpose and agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations when using the website.
You may not use this website in any way that may breach any applicable law or regulations or otherwise constitute fraudulent behavior, or with the intention to send any form of advertising or marketing material or to access our servers or systems.
Any material that you send or post to the website will be considered non-confidential, non-exclusive, royalty free, irrevocable, and non-proprietary.
We will be allowed to use such material as we deem fit, including but not limited to reproduce, copy, disclose, distribute and modify the material, for any purpose that we (in our sole discretion) find appropriate.
In relation to personal information, we refer to our Privacy Notice.
Modification of this Legal Notice
We reserve the right to change or update this Legal Notice at any time. Further, we reserve the right to discontinue the website at any time without prior notification.
If any term, condition or provision of this legal notice is determined to be unlawful, invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms, conditions and provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
Read more about our work with your privacy:
This privacy notice explains how Epiroc AB and its subsidiaries (“Epiroc,” “we,” “us” and “our”) collect, use and share personal information that you provide to us, or that we may otherwise obtain or generate, which relates to you (“Personal Information”).
Personal data or personal information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’). An identifiable natural person is someone who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
It is clear that Epiroc will always abide local laws and regulations and will refrain from the collection or use or personal data in a location where it is prohibited by law.
Collection of personal data
We may collect, use and process your personal data in order to provide you with services, products or information that you request. The collection of personal data will be transparent to you, and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to provide it. In order to provide you with a specific product, service, or information or to process a transaction, we may request your personally identifiable information. This will be indicated whenever we collect it.
For further information on the type of personal data that we may collect, please see below under “Categories of personal data, purposes of process and legal bases”.
Further, we may process your personal data for the purpose of marketing, meaning that we may send you information and offers about products or services which we believe may be of interest to you. The legal basis for our processing is that it is necessary for our legitimate interest of maintaining good customer relations. You may always object to marketing from us, please see below under “Your Rights”.
When you enter our website, we may collect your computer’s IP address. The IP address does not identify you as an individual but does identify your Internet service provider. Other non-personally identifiable information that we may collect include the type of Internet browser used, the type of computer operating system used, and the domain name of the website from which you visited our site. The information is aggregated to provide broad demographic information, such as the geographic location of visitors and how long they stay on our site. Collecting this type of information allows us to administer our site, diagnose server problems, analyze trends and statistics, and provide better customer service.
In addition, we may use your personal data for the purposes of analyzing and developing our website and its services and for marketing purposes. The legal ground for our processing is that the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests to improve our services and our marketing measures. For the avoidance of doubt, data available to Epiroc through your use of the website and its services shall belong to Epiroc without any restrictions (provided that it doesn’t contain your personal data).
Use of personal data
Personal data is only collected when necessary to provide a product, service, information, process a transaction or if you submit it to us for other purposes, and provided that we have legitimate legal bases for such processing. If you choose not to provide any of the personal information requested, Epiroc may be unable to complete your transaction, or provide the information, services or products you have requested. When collected, we will clearly state the purposes for which the personal data might be used as well as the period during which the personal data will be kept by us.
For further information on the purposes for our collection and use of personal data, as well as the legal bases for such collection and use, please see below under “Categories of personal data, purposes of process and legal bases”.
If required, we may need to get your consent to allow to use your personal data. Such consent may be withdrawn at any time (as further set out under the section “Your rights”).
Personal data for customers
Effective and efficient communication:
Necessary for the performance of our contract
Managing our contractual obligations:
Fulfilling your orders for products or services and related activities, shipping and billing, warranty and service, payment processing
Necessary for the performance of our contract
Manage rebates and refunds
Necessary for compliance with legal obligations
Security and compliance information:
Necessary for compliance with legal obligations
Recipients of personal data
- Within Epiroc: business functions which require access to your data in order to perform our contractual and legal obligations (i.e. sales, accounting, operations, legal) or for the purpose of our legitimate interests (i.e. marketing).
- Third parties: we may use third parties to provide or perform services and functions on our behalf. We may make personal information available to those third parties to perform these services and functions. Any processing of that personal information will be on our instructions and in accordance with applicable data processing regulations, as well as compatible with the original purposes.
- As required by law: we may also make personal information available to public or judicial authorities, law enforcement personnel and agencies as required by law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, and including to agencies and courts in the countries where we operate. Where permitted by law, we may also disclose personal information to third parties (including legal counsel) when necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or to otherwise enforce our rights, protect our property or the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external audit, compliance and corporate governance functions.
- Mergers and acquisitions: personal information may be transferred to a party acquiring all or part of the equity or assets of Epiroc or its business operations in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution or other.
- Affiliates: we may also transfer and share information to Epiroc affiliates in compliance with applicable law
Because Epiroc is a global company with locations in many different countries, we may transfer your Personal Information from one legal entity to another or from one country to another in order to accomplish the purposes listed above. We will transfer your Personal Information consistent with applicable legal requirements and only to the extent necessary for the purposes set out above. Within the Epiroc group of companies, Personal Information is transferred subject to the same rules and levels of security. If required, data processing agreements will be in place to ensure the necessary level of protection and, in the event of a transfer of your Personal Information to a country outside the EU/EEA, such transfer will be made in compliance with the applicable rules for a transfer to a third country.
Epiroc relies on available legal mechanisms to enable the legal transfer of Personal Information across borders. To the extent that Epiroc relies on the standard contractual clauses (also called the model clauses) to authorize transfer, Epiroc will comply with those requirements, including where there may be a conflict between those requirements and this Notice.
Epiroc will not sell or otherwise share your personal information outside the Epiroc group of companies, except to:
- service providers Epiroc has retained to perform services on our behalf. Epiroc will only share your Personal Information with service providers whom Epiroc has contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements;
- comply with legal obligations, including but not limited to, in response to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators;
- investigate suspected or actual illegal activity;
- prevent physical harm or financial loss; or
- support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
- You have the right to obtain without constraint at reasonable intervals and without excessive delay or expense a copy (in a commonly used electronic form) of all data relating to you that are processed.
- You have the right to obtain the rectification or update of inaccurate, out-of-date or incomplete personal information.
- You have the right to erasure of personal data under certain circumstances. Please note that this right is not unconditional. Therefore, an attempt to invoke the right might not lead to an action from us.
- You have the right to object, at any time on compelling legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data, unless that processing is required by law. Where the objection is justified, the processing must cease.
- You have the right to request, at any time on compelling legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, that the processing of your personal data is restricted, unless that processing is required by law. Where the request is justified, the processing must be restricted.
- You may have the right to request data portability. Data portability is the provision of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form so that it may be transferred to another company easily. The right to data portability is subject to restrictions i.e. data portability does not apply to paper records and must not prejudice the rights of others or sensitive company information.
- You have the right not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated decision making if those decisions produce legal effect or significantly affect you.
- You have the right to withdraw any consent previously granted for a specific purpose at any time, if consent is the legal basis for the processing of your personal information.
We respect these rights and have processes in place to recognize and respond to individuals wishing to exercise these rights. We will respond to your request no later than within one month. You may request to exercise any of these rights through your local contact or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Epiroc is committed to making sure that your personal information processed iskept secure and has implemented appropriate technical measures and security policies that protect the information it has under its control from:
- Unauthorized access.
- Improper use or disclosure.
- Unauthorized modification.
- Unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All Epiroc personnel and any third parties which Epiroc engages to process your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information.
However, no server or transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Therefore, any activity or communication is conducted at your own risk.
If you have questions about who the Controller of your data is or any other questions about your data, please contact the Epiroc group privacy officer via email@example.com.
Privacy concerns and how to contact us
An Epiroc Privacy Officer will be made available to respond to your questions or investigate your complaint and give you information about how it will be handled.
Changes to our privacy notice
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file or piece of data that a website that you visit can place or save onto your computer, tablet or mobile phone web browser. Cookies do not themselves contain any personally identifiable information. However, if you provide such personally identifiable information to us (such as by registering for an Internet related service or password provided by us), such information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- determine what information is made available on a particular webpage;
- help you save certain information on the website, such as passwords to enable users not having to re-enter previously typed information;
- collect anonymous statistics about user behaviour to enable us to improve the website experience;
- analyze sales data;
- conduct marketing research; and
- provide assistance to, or track site visits of users, of certain Internet-based services.
How to avoid cookies
With most Internet browsers, you can set the browser to block cookies, erase cookies from your computer hard drive, or notify you that a web page contains cookies before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
Classification of cookies on our website
We use the following categories of cookies on this website:
- Permanent cookies. Permanent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions which allows your preferences or actions across a website to be remembered. The first type saves a file for a longer period of time onto your computer, and it can remain on your computer after you shut it off. Such cookie could also, for example, be used to tell a visitor what information on the website has been updated since his or her last visit to that website. These cookies remain on your unit until they expire or you erase them.
- Session cookies. Session cookies are temporarily stored in your internet browser, and are erased when the browser is closed. This could be done, for example, to keep track of what language you have chosen at the website. Session cookies are not stored for a long period of time on your computer, since they disappear when you close your web browser. The next time you visit that particular site it will not recognize you and will treat you as a completely new visitor.
- First party cookies, which are set by Epiroc.